If you suffer from knee pain due to mild osteoarthritis, you may be eligible for a study on new treatments.
- Brian J. Cole, M.D., M.B.A.
- Nikhil N. Verma, M.D.
- Brian Forsythe, M.D.
- Adam B. Yanke, M.D.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description
This is a clinical investigation of the effect of bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells in the treatment of patients with mild arthritis undergoing surgical treatment for a meniscus tear. The full terms of the investigation are detailed and disclosed in the patient consent form and will be described to patients by the physician or research coordinator upon inquiry. Eligible patients may be contact by either the physician or research coordinator prior to their scheduled surgery.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria
This clinical trial is a new approach to treatment of meniscus tears and mild arthritis. To be eligible for this study, you must:
- Be above the age of 18 years old
- Have a meniscus tear diagnosed on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Have mild arthritis diagnosed on radiographs (x-ray)
- Not have had prior meniscus surgery on your symptomatic knee